Sunday, August 21, 2011

Back to School Eve



Well, it's 2 am here and I can't sleep. So forgive me if this makes no sense and is full of typos. We had a fun packed weekend to celebrate going to Kindergarten! Children's Museum with Nana and Poppy, movies, frozen yogurt 3 times, and the water park all afternoon Sunday.


This morning, Wapley and Gum were arguing over whether or not Gum's kitties were made out of legos. Jason told them to stop arguing. So Wapley yelled, "Gum started it!" Gum came back with "No Daddy, girls don't start it, but they sure can finish it!"

Shortly after, we were off to the water park. As we were walking in, Wapley yelled "Hey Daddy, you must smell really bad, there are a ton of flies around you!"
Jason replied, "Heeeey now!!" Wapley looked confused for a second, and then said " I was just trying to be funny. Daddy, can't you take a joke?"

We spent 6 hours at the water park, and Gum couldn't stay awake another second. So we left to have dinner. (Excuse the spit all over Wapley's window, he just loves to spit on his finger and then draw with it. Obviously, I love it so much and that is why it's still there.)
While at dinner, I asked Wapley and Gum what our names should be. They are amazingly skilled at coming up with different name combinations. They finally decided that Jason should be Winter Kabob, and I should be Agent Tootcup. Yes, that is toot cup, as in a cup you would toot in.

At the end of the dinner, Wapley said, "Mommy, thank you for this wonderful day." He may be a giant goofball, but he sure is pretty sweet too.

Well, everything is finally ready for the morning! Clothes are laid out. I see Wapley added his light saber to his ensemble.....




Lunch is packed. Turkey Whole Wheat Flatbread sandwiches, fruit kabobs, almonds, and Annie's Organic Trail Mix. I bet all but two bites of this come back home. Ahhhh life with a picky eater....



Back to School Surprises are set out....




And the munchkins are asleep. I think Wapley is nervous about the morning. He decided to sleep in his doorway....


Gum is all cuddled up with her favorite kitties, lion kitty and dalmation....


And I am off to watch a documentary on dreams on netflix. Strange, I know, but it works like a charm. I have yet to make it longer than 20 minutes before falling asleep.....

Wish us luck tomorrow!


1 comment:

  1. I hope you got some sleep! I'm sure Jason had no problem falling asleep. Looking forward to reading about the first day.

    ReplyDelete